What Are The Best 4 Beauty Tools for Glowing Skin
Boost Your Skin Routine With Beauty Tools
We are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in natural skincare. So, here are the trends in skincare devices we are seeing from our natural beauty-care partners.
Enter the age of Electronics for Beauty-Care
I don’t remember seeing a lot of beauty accessories in the past; certainly not the electronic kind. In the past few years, there has been an emergence of tools to support your natural skincare routine. Some of these devices require no effort at all. I love that! If I can do nothing and help my skin simultaneously, I see it as a win-win. Other beauty tools do need a little helping hand and take a small amount of time out of your day. But hey, you are worth it!
“No effort” Beauty Tools
LED Face Mask
When using any beauty tool, the key to results is consistency. You have to use it regularly to improve your skin. My favourite and easiest anti-aging tool to use is the LED Facial Mask. Consistency is not a problem because I just put it on and do whatever I need to. I wear my LED light when I am cooking, watching TV, or doing work at my computer. I love that it doesn’t take any time out of my day.
How does the LED Face Mask improve skin?
LED Face Masks use the concept of light therapy to support healthy skin. Studies are showing that light therapy is a viable option for supporting your skin. Glynis Ablon writes in a PubMed article that coloured light emitted by “LEDs is beneficial for a broad range of medical and aesthetic conditions encountered in the dermatology practice” and “can be effectively used for the treatment of Acne Vulgaris” and “is an effective means for rejuvenating aged skin when used alone".
The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology states that LED phototherapy is effective for rejuvenating skin and treating a variety of skin conditions.
NASA used LED light therapy to support tissue wound healing. Amazingly, coloured light has the power to heal. Mother Nature at her best!
What do the different LED colours do?
- boosts collagen, elastin and cell repair
- slows the signs of aging and environmental damage
- anti-inflammatory and good for use after facial treatments
- calms redness
- supports the natural production of vitamin D
- increases circulation
- supports collagen production
- is good for rosacea and redness
- gives you a glow, making your skin look more radiant
- evens out skin tone
- good for hyperpigmentation
- good for broken capillaries under the eyes
- good for acne
- scientifically proven to kill bacteria that are commonly responsible for breakouts
Minimal Effort Beauty Tools
Electronic Facial Cleansers
Let's face it: you have to wash your face anyway. So, why not use an electronic Face Scrubby. Electronic Facial Cleansers are hand-held devices that vibrate. The vibration improves blood circulation and boosts your cleaning process. The vibration also helps to remove dirt, oil, and makeup from your face. You get a deeper clean and it prepares your skin for serums or other beauty treatments.
You can choose silicone scrubbers or Bristle brushes. I prefer Silicone Facial Cleansers for several reasons.
- Silicone is more resistant to bacteria
- Silicone is waterproof and dries easily.
- Silicone brushes are better for sensitive skin because the nubs are easier on the skin than nylon bristles.
- Brushes may be too harsh and over-exfoliating
Electronic Cleansing Tips:
- Do not use your electronic cleansing brush too excessively. If you have sensitive skin, once or twice a week will do.
- Do clean your brush properly to avoid bacteria buildup.
- Do not let others use it.
- Use with a cleaner: oil, milk, or gel.
I often use a cleansing oil such as Corpa Flora's Beauté Divine Cleansing Oil & Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin as my cleanser because facial cleansing oils help to emulsify dirt and oil. A cleansing oil leaves my skin feeling soft. If you tend to wear a lot of makeup, it is a good idea to remove some of it with a makeup remover first before using your device. This keeps your device from getting caked with makeup. Remove your makeup, apply your cleanser and let your device do the job you intend it to.
If you don't have much of a skincare routine, an Electronic Cleanser is at least one easy thing you can do for yourself. Keeping your skin free and clear of dirt is the first step towards healthy skin.
NuFACE Facial Toning device does exactly what it says it does. NuFACE’s toning device is as close to an at-home facelift as you’ll get. The gentle microcurrents tone and tighten the muscles in your face which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Made in the USA, FDA-cleared, and professionally recommended, NuFACE delivers clinically proven results even by just using it as little as five to ten minutes a day.
Before my wedding, I consistently used the NuFACE Trinity and saw an improvement in my skin. I wanted to look my best. I was committed and used my NuFace Microcurrent as prescribed and used the ELE attachment and was super pleased with the results. The NuFACE Trinity targeted my face while the ELE attachment allowed me to give special attention to my eye and lip area. My skin looked smoother, younger, and glowing.
The key to seeing results is to use it regularly. It is not difficult to use, but you have to use it. I found that I could use it while I watched TV. (It seems like I do a lot of "face-loving" when I am watching TV!) The NuFACE device won Allure, The Beauty Expert Best of Beauty Award for 2020.
Clinical studies reviewed by two dermatologists showed that using the NuFACE Trinity Facial trainer resulted in 83% of the users seeing an improvement in facial contouring. 80% said their skin looked smoother. 77% said their skin looked more toned.
Yes, it will take some time out of your day, but WOW!
“Google it, it's great... It’s like a little wheel that has little pins, like acupuncture needles in a way, and you roll it and it stimulates your collagen and it also allows your products to seep into the skin...”
- Jennifer Aniston
Your skin roller is an at-home cosmetic technique that stimulates the skin at the shallow epidermal level which wakes up the skin's healing process. With micro-tips of lengths of 0.3 mm or less, home rollers stimulate the natural growth of the epidermis, which is the skin’s top layer that is responsible for the protection, pigmentation, and regeneration of new skin cells.
How Do Derma Rollers Work?
By rolling the tiny pins over your skin, you activate anti-aging benefits like collagen formation. The effects of this technique are cumulative - that means that if you are diligent and make a habit out of using your derma roller at least three times a week, you will see continuous and noticeable improvement over time.
Using a Derma Roller increases circulation and oxygenation and creates tiny injuries allowing for vital nutrients from products like anti-aging serums and facial oils to be more readily absorbed. Choose natural and organic skincare with ingredients specially formulated to nourish, feed and support the healthy functioning of the skin. Use skincare with antioxidants to fight free radicals and aging. You also want to use a facial oil with your Derma Roller to protect and balance your skin.
The Skinny On Derma Rollers
- Can be used on the face, body, and scalp
- Stimulates healthy, vibrant skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of crow's feet
- Improves the appearance of skin tone and texture
- Improves the appearance of rosacea
- Improves the signs of aging by stimulating the skin’s natural functions
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite
- Diminishes the appearance of large pores, sun damage, pigmentation, and scarring
- Diminishes dark circles & puffiness under the eyes
- Reduces congestion and the appearance of breakouts
- Increases skincare product performance
- Increases microcirculation
- Increases the effectiveness of hair serums
I am going to start using SkinVacious Derma Roller on my hands and I will let you know how it goes.
If you found this article helpful, share it with one of your friends!
As always, Go Natural!